The dulce de leche pastry It is much thicker than conventional, with more body and consistency. It is considered the most suitable for desserts because it can be handled much better. If you want to do homemade dulce de leche, in this article we show you an easy recipe where you will find the ingredients and the step by step about how to prepare pastry milk confectioner at home.4 people 45 minutes Low difficulty Ingredients:
- 1 l of milk
- ½ cup of beans or white beans
- 600 g of sugar
- Two tablespoons cornstarch
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- Two teaspoons vanilla essence
- A wooden spoon
- A nonstick pot or saucepan
The first step in preparing pastry milk candy at home will be soak the beans the day before or before preparing the recipe for dulce de leche, to get them to soften in the water. Then, we cook them until they are very soft and, when they have cooled, we pass them through a sieve or pasteurizer to turn them into a kind of paste similar to a mash. It should be noted that if you have a blender, you can liquefy them to speed up the process.2
In turn, you will have to put the milk together with the sugar in a saucepan and bring it to a simmer, stirring at all times so that it begins to thicken. At the moment when the mixture is taking consistency, we will have to add the bean pulp from the previous step and continue stirring to get a homogeneous mixture.3
Likewise, it will be necessary to dissolve the cornstarch in a little milk and then add it to the saucepan while stirring. Finally, you must add the baking soda and keep the saucepan on the fire while stirring, to get it to acquire the proper color of the dulce de leche. You will have to continue cooking until the mixture takes the consistency we need, remembering that the confectionery is very thick, much more than the traditional one.4
Also, you must take into account some recommendations that will help you when prepare pastry milk candy:
- It is mandatory to use a nonstick saucepan or pot so that the pastry does not stick.
- In turn, the spoon must be made of wood and never metallic.
- Do not stop stirring or stirring at any time.
- Before putting it in the refrigerator or refrigerator, put the dulce de leche pastry in a different container to the saucepan and let it cool.
- Being homemade and containing no preservatives, the confectionery must be consumed before seven days have passed.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make dulce de leche pastry, we recommend that you enter our Recipes category.